Monday, January 13, 2014

52 Ancestors - week #2- Nathaniel Haskill born 1758

#444
6th great grandfather of Kristina Hewitt, Brandon Gilby, Sandra Foster, Tiffany Hewitt

Nathaniel Haskill was born in 23 Mar 1758 in Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA.

Nathaniel Haskill was the son of Jeremiah Haskell and Thankful Kendall Beaman.

Nathaniel Haskill married Abigail Sawyer in 1775 in Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA.

Nathaniel Haskill was one of the early settlers of the Port Hope area in Ontario, Canada.

Nathaniel died 14 Feb 1813 in Port Hope, Ontario, Canada.

Transcription of Will of Nathaniel Haskill:

In the name of God Amen.  I Nathaniel Haskill of the Township of Hope in the district if Newcastle and Province of Upper Canada, yeoman, do make this my last will and testament in the manner following, that is to say, I leave and bequeath to my sons Joseph Haskill and William Densmore Haskill the sum of five shillings Provincial currency each.  I leave and bequeath to my dearly beloved wife Nabby Haskill for and during the term of her natural life all that my freehold estate upon which I now live being Lot number sixteen in the first Concession and broken front in the Township of Hope aforesaid containing two hundred acres more or less together with all the stock, farming utensils and furniture of the farm house.  And ofter her decease I leave and bequeath the said lot of land to my sons Josiah Haskill and Timothy Henry Curtis Haskill to be equally divided between them share and share alike.  I also leave and bequeath the farming utensils after the decease of my said wife to my two sons aforesaid Josiah and Timothy Henry Curtis Haskill.  I also leave and bequeath the stock of the farm and the furniture of the farm house after the decease of my said wife to my two sons aforesaid Josiah and Timothy Henry Curtis Haskill and to my two daughters Lucy and Polly Haskell to be equally divided between them share and share alike.  I also leave and bequeath to my daughter Nabby, daughter of Christopher Hagerman, the sum of Eight Pounds Provincial  Currency.  I also leave and bequeath to my son Jeduthan Haskill the sum of Eight Pounds Provincial Currency.  And it is my will that my landed property be charged with and subject to the aforesaid legacies and bequests and that they be paid by my sons Josiah Haskill and Timothy Henry Curtis Haskill at the expiration of three years and no longer after the decease of my wife aforesaid Nabby Haskill.  And I appoint my friend Asa Burnham of the Township of Hamilton District of Newcastle  Province aforesaid Esquire to be my executor and my wife Nabby aforesaid to be my execrutix of this my last will and testament.  In witness whereof I the said Nathaniel Haskill the testator to this my last will and testament contained in one sheet of paper have hereunto set my hand and seal this seventh day of May in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and five.
               Nathaniel Haskill

Signed, Sealed, published and declared by the said testator as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us who in the presence of each other at his request have subscribed our names thereto

David Ferguson
Mary McEddy
Margaret Ferguson


The children of Nathaniel Haskill and Abigail Sawyer include:

Joseph Haskill

William Dinsmore Haskill

Abigail Haskill born 1780

Bety Haskill

Jeduthan Haskill

Josiah Sanford Haskill

Timothy Henry Curtis Haskill 1788-1868

Lucy Haskill 1790-1865

Polly Haskill

Known descendants who have DNA tested for genetic genealogy:

Lewis Hewitt (23andMe autosomal, FTDNA Family Finder)

Pauline Hewitt Thompson (23andMe autosomal, FTDNA Family Finder)

Kris Hewitt Stewart (23andMe autosomal, FTDNA Family Finder, AncestryDNA)

Sandra Foster (23andMe autosomal, FTDNA Family Finder)

Brandon Gilby (23andMe autosomal, FTDNA Family Finder)

Tiffany Hewitt (23andMe autosomal, FTDNA Family Finder)

If you are a descendant of Nathaniel Haskill and Abigail Sawyer click here for more info on how you can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment