Friday, February 24, 2012

Lydia Lee

#447
***6th great grandmother of Kristina Hewitt***
#447
***6th great grandmother of Brandon Gilby***
#447
***6th great grandmother of Tiffany Hewitt***
#447
***6th great grandmother of Sandra Foster***

Lydia Lee was the daughter of Hezekiah Lee and Lydia Thompson.

Lydia Lee was born about 1759 in Connecticut, USA.

Lydia Lee married Stephen Culver.

Lydia (Lee) Culver died in 1838 in what is now Ontario, Canada

A cousin supplied this will transcription:

"Lydia Culver's will, copy from Land Registry Office, Coborg, Ontario, Canada
105-1005 William St. Coborg Ontario K9AJ4
Also on file at the Registry Office in Port Hope Ontario, Canada

Memorial from Lydia Culver to Moses Culver
A Memorial to be Registered
pursuant to the Statuts in such cases made and pro-
vided of a Will in the word and forms to wit.

In the name of God Amen, I
Lydia Culver of the Township of Hope, County
of Durham, District of Newcastle in the Pro
vidence of Uppr Canada. Widow- being of perfect
health, mind and memory, but considering the
uncertainty of that mortal life, and to the end
I may be the better prepared to leave this world
whenever it shall please God to call me hence
I there fore make and publish this my last
will and testament in manner and form
following. That is to say: First I give and
devise to my loving son Moses Culver twenty
five acres of land being comprised of that part
of the north half of lot number eighteen in
the third concession of the township of Hope
aforesaid. To hold to him my said son Moses
Culver and his heirs forever. I also give and
bequeath to each of my children, Archibald
Culver, Aaron Culver, Liby Haskill, and Harriett
Lott the sum of five shillings a piece. I
also give and bequeath to my Grandson
William Thompson the sum of five shillings.
I also give and bequeath to my daughter
Maria Kirwin (?) of Cavan all my household
furniture except one chest which that
formerly belonged to my son Roswell
which I allow to be given to my son Moses.
I here by appoint Benjamin Seamans and
Alexander Morrow of Hope aformentioned
to be my sole executors to this my last will
and testament, hereby revoking all my
former wills by me made.


In witness where of I have
herewith set my hand and seal the sixth
day of November in the year of our Lord One
Thousand eight hundred and thirty-five.

Signed Sealed Published and declared by the above named Lydia
Culver to be her last will and testament
in the presence of us who have here into
subscribed our names as witness in the
prescene of the testator

Signed Wm. S. Marsh Signed Lydia Culver (Seal)(?)
Signed George A. Burn (?)
Signed James Rutledge

And said will is witnessed(?) by
William S. Marsh of the Township of Hope in
the County, District and Province aforesaid
yeoman and George A. Burn and James Rutledge
of the same and this Memorial
thereof is hereby required to be registered by
me the said Moses Culver of the
therein named

In witness whereof I have hereunto
set my hand and seal at the township of
Hope this eleventh day of June in the year of
our Lord One Thousand eight Hundred and thirty eight

Signed and sealed in the presence of Moses Culver James Rutled"

The children of Stephen Culver and Lydia Lee include:

Sybil Culver

Marie Culver

Aaron Culver

Archibald Culver

Moses Culver

Roswell Culver

Harriet Culver

Known descendants of Stephen Culver and Lydia Lee who have DNA tested for genetic genealogy:

Lewis Hewitt (23andMe autosomal)


Pauline Hewitt Thompson (23andMe autosomal)

Kris Hewitt Stewart (23andMe autosomal)

Sandra Foster (23andMe autosomal)

Brandon Gilby (23andMe autosomal, FTDNA, MyHeritage, Gedmatch)

Tiffany Hewitt (23andMe autosomal)

If you are a descendant of Stephen Culver and Lydia Lee click here for more info on how you can help!


No comments:

Post a Comment